25 questions to ask before you say "I do"
It’s a big deal, this marriage thing!
Whether you’ve been together for 5 months or 5 years, it’s always a good idea to discuss some of life’s big topics with your significant other before you tie the knot.
Communication is key
It’s important to remember that there are no right or wrong answers. If a question starts a bigger conversation about that topic, then that’s great. Ideally, these questions will open the door to some good chats and a deeper understanding of each other — which can only be a good thing before you get married! If you can discuss these kinds of issues with an open mind and gentle honesty, you’ll be set up for the future.
So plan a cosy night in, grab a bottle of wine, and see if any of your lover’s answers surprise you!
- If you could create the perfect job and get paid for it, what would it be?
- What’s one thing that you want us to do together that we’ve never done before?
- Do you believe there is one person you are meant to be with?
- What’s your favourite non-physical quality about me?
- Do you tend to buy luxury items or are you frugal with your money?
- What’s one thing you’re scared to ask me, but really want to know the answer to?
- What’s your favourite way to show affection?
- What’s your favourite way to receive affection?
- How many children (if any) would you like to have and ideally when?
- Do you think you are a harder worker than most people at your job?
- What do you think is your biggest strength in this relationship?
- What do you think is your biggest weakness in this relationship?
- Do you believe in a higher power? Why or why not?
- How have we changed since we first started dating?
- What things make you most frustrated?
- What things make you most happy?
- Would you like to be famous and what would you want to be famous for?
- What is your biggest fear?
- Do you think we should keep our finances completely separate, partially separate, or completely joined when married?
- What’s one thing about your life you would never change for someone else, including me?
- What about us do you think works well together?
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received and why was it so special?
- What are the top five qualities that you hope your children will have?
- What are your biggest goals for your life?
- What’s one thing you hope happens in the future of our relationship?